Schedule: Monday - Sunday - 00:00 - 24:00

Alcohol Poisoning


Signs Effects And Causes Of Alcohol Overdose Within Sussex At Alcohol Rehab Sussex

The effects of Black coffee will not be beneficial. It will not even stop making anyone sick. It will also never help in reducing the alcohol cravings.


It may actually be more harmful to use these methods that are usually used get sober. Acute alcohol poisoning is not easy to notice and trying some of these methods in such a situation may result in undesired effects.

The individual could just have had a few drinks or may have consumed several, but it is not always an indicator. You could stop the situation from becoming fatal when you know the symptoms of severe alcohol overdose.


Alcohol Is A Poison To Our Body Visit Sussex

The effects of alcoholism could be life threatening, though it is seemingly not so, but the fact remains that alcohol is poisonous. Only a single unit of alcohol could be handled by your body in an hour time.


The workings of the blood could be hampered when you consume too much of alcohol within a short duration.

The alcohol can:

  • Cause loss of sense of balance and slowing down of the brain functions
  • Alters the workings of your gag reflex through incessant vomiting caused by stomach irritation, making you to inhale your own vomit into your lungs or choke on it
  • The nervous system is attacked which affects the heart and breathing rates, stopping both
  • Dehydration that can easily permanently damage the brain
  • Cause hypothermia by reducing your body temperature
  • It will lower the blood sugar levels within the body leading to seizures

Ready to Get Help?

CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509



Alcohol Poisoning Symptoms Call Sussex Immediately

The line is very thin. For a moment, your guest could seem fine, just silly drunk, but all too soon they could also become dangerously intoxicated.


Having an understanding about alcohol poisoning symptoms is critical because if the person, you are caring for is suffering from acute alcohol poisoning he or she will not be in a state of helping themselves.

Some of the symptoms you should be on the lookout for include:

  • Confusion
  • Lack of coordination
  • Throwing up
  • Seizures
  • Slow or irregular breathing (lower than 8 times in a minute)
  • Bluish or pale skin colour
  • Lower than usual body temperature (hypothermia)
  • Being unresponsive but consciour (Stupor)
  • Unconsciousness - blacking out

What You Should Avoid At Sussex

The person going through Acute Alcohol Poisoning is in danger all the time. You can exacerbate the situation when, in fact, you believe you are helping.


You should know what to do in case a person is suffering from alcohol poisoning since there are many myths out there for handling people who have drunk too much.


Never:

  • Let Someone Sleep It Off
  • Even when you are not drinking, the amount of it regularly increases in the blood.
  • This is because there will still be alcohol that is yet to be taken into the bloodstream from the digestive system.
  • The body fails to function normally when there is excessive amounts of alcohol in the bloodstream.
  • Give Them Coffee
  • Alcohol can dehydrate the body.
  • This situation will be worsened by offering them coffee.
  • Severe dehydration does have the ability to cause permanent brain damage.
  • Get Them To Be Sick
  • The gag reflex will already not be functioning correctly, so they could choke on their sick.
  • Force Them To Walk
  • Your sense of balance and mental functions are reduced by alcohol because of its depressing ability.
  • The risk of accidents when you walk them around will increase.
  • Putting Them In A Cold Shower
  • You could experience hypothermia caused by reduction in your body temperature by the alcohol.
  • They will be in worst situation, when they get colder because of the cold shower.
  • Let Them Drink More
  • The quantity of alcohol that is in the bloodstream could become hazardously high.

The volume of alcohol that could cause alcohol poisoning is not fixed.

The fact remains that alcohol poisoning is mostly caused by binge drinking. This is not always the case, however.

Other factors play a vital role in getting this problem, like your age, gender, weight, recent food and its amount, your overall health and other drugs that you take in daily life.

The guidelines from medical experts in this case, offer the best advice on what to do. It is recommended that people should consume less than fourteen units of alcohol per week, whether male or female. However, you are advised to reduce the amount you consume at a time if you must avoid immediate risks like injury and accidents.


Make Sure To Get A Professional Help If You Have Experienced Any Of These Symptoms Within Sussex

The caveat for alcohol consumption is better late than never.

Contact emergency services on 999 for medical assistance when you suspect someone is suffering from an alcohol overdose, even when you are not sure.

Numerous people are being taken to the hospital with acute alcohol poisoning on every weekend. Those with less acute alcohol poisoning are released after the medical personnel have closely examined them. In more severe cases They could be assisted with:

  • Breathe through a pipe that is inserted in their windpipe
  • Medical staff also use drips to help them out with additional water, vitamins and blood sugar levels.
  • The tube named catheter, which will make them empty the entire contents of their bladder in a bag is also used.
  • Tubes are also inserted into their mouth and nose and with this, the stomach is flushed by pumping it.